The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

guitar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: guitar?

George thorogood[8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

acoustic: "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's (which was a lot better of song before it hit the radios), "Far Away" by Nickelback, "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace, "Belgium" by Bowling for Soup, "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie

electric: "Pain" by Three Days Grace, "When I Come Around" by Green Day, "Savin' Me" by Nickelback

they're all fun songs to play (and personally, I think mxtabs was better than ultimate-guitar, but I don't seem to have much of a choice in goodtab sites anymore lol)

(and why do I join all the good threads on the second page or later? lol)

Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

hey there delilah is really easy to play and sing along with... some other fun ones are:

Swing Life Away- Rise Against
Diary of Jane- Breaking Benjamin... i kinda did that myself haha
Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson... or anything by him really
Secondhand Serenade is good to play on acoustic... he is kinda popish though
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional
Best of Me- The Starting Line
anything by Brand New like The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
Stairway to Heaven of course haha
Sweet Home Alabama
Promise- Matchbook Romance

if you are really looking for a challenge... look up Steven Delopoulos, when he plays it sounds like 3 guitars are playing haha

Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

i already know white t's (and a little suggestion, never listen to the radio, save yourself the headache and buy an ipod)
and a lot of nickleback, jack johnson, SH alabama, and i've been working on stairway.

i recently learned "Dust in the Wind" and i just love the picking technique it has (travis picking)

Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

Have you ever listen to Taj Mahal? You could also try something like THIS. or THIS LOL Its safe for work.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

Have you ever listen to Taj Mahal? You could also try something like THIS. or THIS LOL Its safe for work.
who the hell do you think i am? i'm not god like [8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

LOL, try it. You might be amazed at how easy that style of playing is.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy
and a little suggestion, never listen to the radio, save yourself the headache and buy an ipod
I don't listen to the radio lol... I didn't even know Hey There Delilah was on the radio until my sister came back from college and heard me playing it... I was pretty disappointed whenshetold meit was on the radio... after all,we all know songs area lot cooler when everybody hasn't heard them.

Anyway, you should learn "The Motorcycle Song" by Arlo Guthrie... preferably the "Significance of the Pickle" version. If you've heard this, you'll agree it's one of the greatest folk songs ever.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy
and a little suggestion, never listen to the radio, save yourself the headache and buy an ipod
I don't listen to the radio lol... I didn't even know Hey There Delilah was on the radio until my sister came back from college and heard me playing it... I was pretty disappointed whenshetold meit was on the radio... after all,we all know songs area lot cooler when everybody hasn't heard them.

Anyway, you should learn "The Motorcycle Song" by Arlo Guthrie... preferably the "Significance of the Pickle" version. If you've heard this, you'll agree it's one of the greatest folk songs ever.
lol, same dam thing happened to me. i had a little respect for it until i came back from college playing it one day, and my brother and sister were like "Hey, that's that one song on the radio, "hey there delilah"

i was like ****, i need to find music that won't be on the radio until a couple years after it's made.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

Mxtabs.net was theee best. But now its shut down.[:'(]

Quick Reply: guitar?