The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Lotus Elise

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:47 AM
Default RE: Lotus Elise

i see atleast 5 elise everytime i got autoxing...they are awesome little cars. next time i go im gena ask one of the owners if i can ride along

Old 03-01-2006, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

theyre great cars, but id never buy one unless i wanted an autox car that was perfect right out of the box. and had over 40k to blow.

ive never been much of a huge sports car guy. ive always liked the idea of taking junky cars and making them fast. anyone can make 40k and buy the elise, but it takes more than that to get the same performance out of say...a celica with the same engine. especially if you're doing the work yourself. the only out-of-the-box performer that is possible for anyone to get with enough hard work is the corvette and the firebird (and camaro but i dont like camaros as much as firebirds). the LS and LT engines are incredible peices of machinery and i could never touch them if i tried.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: md420

ORIGINAL: ef4life

ORIGINAL: md420

The 1.8 out of the Celica is a nice engine.....every bit the engine a B18C1 is if not better.
i wouldn't go that far. but it is a good engine a tad fragile with boost i hear
I would go that far
Ita a fantastic motor, but its not on par with the b18cs. like stated, they just dont take well to mods, where simple bolt-ons give up 10-20% gains on a b-series, and im sorry, but VVTL-i is an inferior system to VTEC.

oh, and Kappa, we are talking the 2zz, not the 1zz.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 AM

My bad. Same problem though. My neighbor here at school has an '01 turbocharged, and he just had to have the engine rebuilt after it threw a rod...

Old 03-02-2006, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

did it punch the side, or just rattle around? man, thats carnage when you can see the rod sticking out the side of the block.[:@]

Old 03-02-2006, 01:29 PM

i saw 2 elise on the streets yesterday, a red one and a green one. it was a pretty nice day so i guess they were joy riding or somethin...

Old 03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Remmy

ya, the elise runs for like what... $45k?

cheeper.

exige runs for 48k.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

theyre great cars, but id never buy one unless i wanted an autox car that was perfect right out of the box. and had over 40k to blow.

ive never been much of a huge sports car guy. ive always liked the idea of taking junky cars and making them fast. anyone can make 40k and buy the elise, but it takes more than that to get the same performance out of say...a celica with the same engine. especially if you're doing the work yourself. the only out-of-the-box performer that is possible for anyone to get with enough hard work is the corvette and the firebird (and camaro but i dont like camaros as much as firebirds). the LS and LT engines are incredible peices of machinery and i could never touch them if i tried.
theres not a celica out there that can take an exige.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:04 AM

anyone can make 40k and buy the elise, but it takes more than that to get the same performance out of say...a celica with the same engine
maybe, but the sexiness factor with a celica vs. an elise is non existant

Old 03-03-2006, 02:12 AM
HCF Member

exiges and elises are handbuilt with aluminum racing tubs, minimal weight, pain-in-the-*** livability and genuine race car suspension pieces. celicas don't.

anybody that thinks either lotus is an over-glorified celica needs a shrink. lol.

think SPORTS CAR. not sports coupe.

Quick Reply: Lotus Elise