The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Makes my skin crawl.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 AM
HCF Member
Unhappy My Engine's Effed!

So I had to drop Bettie Blue off at the dealership today.She threw a CEL on Friday and has been cranking over pretty slow, so they're going to check her out and see what's wrong.I probably could have done it myself, but I'm taking advantage of the 60 day warranty since I just bought her.

The worst part aside from me having to leave her there over night, is they gave me one of the cars I absolutely loath.......A Ford Focus......Excuse me a Fucus.........

It feels so cheap! I feel like I'm going to break the shifter when I put it into park or drive because it's plastic.

I hope to God they figure out what's wrong with my car and fix it by tomorrow.

I feel like I need a shower now that I had to drive my loaner home today......Blegh.....

Last edited by Try.Fail.Repeat; 05-15-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: New title
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Cat Fuсker

don't be a drama queen... had you given me your phone number you could have been riding shotty in a pretty luxurious piece of crap :-D

Old 05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned

that sucks didn't you just acquire that car also do you know what code it threw did the dealer tell you. l love loner cars you can drive it like you stole it beat the crap out of that thing.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 PM

too bad they didn't loan you a new Si or something fun. lol

Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by lowlife9
that sucks didn't you just acquire that car also do you know what code it threw did the dealer tell you. l love loner cars you can drive it like you stole it beat the crap out of that thing.
The guy is supposed to call me tomorrow when they find out what the code is. They gave me a loaner so they could investigate whats wrong with mine and order replacement parts if needed because they don't carry my car's parts at the dealership.That's what I get for buying an Acura at a Ford dealership lol... *shakes head*

Old 05-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Oh.. ohohoho... I hate Focuses too. When my car was out from that accident in November, they tried to give me a Focus. I talked them into letting me have the Dodge Avenger. Not much better, but better than the Focus.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

So the dealership called me today. The reason that my car threw the CEL was there's "some sort of internal engine problem". The guy said that Cylinder 1 was misfiring which he thinks it could be bad rings.....He said that it should be covered under my warranty...... All I know is that if it isn't covered, heads will roll.

The guy also said that my car's going to be down for at least a week. If the inspector makes it out by the end of the week to verify the problems that they found they'd be doing good.

FML!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned

wow thats f**kin scary but thank god its covered by the warranty and if not lemon law .that really suks.but look on the bright side you get to spend mor time driving your focus around maybe it will grow on you.

Last edited by lowlife9; 05-12-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

So I talked to the dealership today.They still haven't done anything to my car.Apparently they're still waiting for approval from some inspector and the warranty company. To top things off the guy told me that they're also pricing out engines for my car, which means if they're really looking at replacing the engine completely, it was worse off than they lead me to believe. I'm so pissed at this point that I can't even stand it. They guy said he'd call me Monday or Tuesday if he hears anything more. I truly regret buying this car now. Quite possibly the worst decision I have made yet and I haven't even made the first payment on it (not that I want to at this point anymore).

Old 05-15-2009, 10:03 PM

It's a Honda engine, this is crazy. Must be a fluke.

Quick Reply: Makes my skin crawl.