The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Might be selling my civic...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Might be selling my civic...

Trading it in at the dealer you'll be lucky if they give you $1k...its just the way they are.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

In that case, I might sell it privately.. I'll probably keep it until spring and then start trying to sell it... I have a few odds and ends that I need to wrap up with this car (making the interior presentable, getting another side skirt, rust repair, etc.) anyway.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

Good luck with the sell man, would be nice to have a manual civic but decided today that I am just going to leave mine stock and start saving my money for a Supra, always wanted one and figure i may as well start saving.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Cereal Admin

good luck saving up for one... what generation you looking at? I think you should just save up the $50k and get one of the newer (sort of) ones with the 2JZ-GTE or whatever.... you know, the one with the twin turbos

Anyway, I found someone to buy my civic... my one friend is looking for a car, so I agreed to sell it to her for $2500 (I know I could probably get more than $2500 for it, but I know she'll take good care of my baby)... so now I get stuck driving a '97 Ford Expidition to work until I can find a civic I like in my price range... yippie.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

looking for a Mark IV twin turbo, unfortunately finding one that is stock seems to be close to impossible lol, not a problem though since i still need to save a large ammount of money.

good luck finding the new civic man and glad you found somebody you know to buy your baby, you will still get to see it too

Old 11-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin

okay, I need some opinions here.... how does this civic look? It's pretty much in my price range, and it looks like it's in good condition (not to mention it has (slightly) fewer miles than my 94). I think I'm going to email the seller and find out if the thing's even still for sale (the ad was posted about a month ago)... I really hope it is.

*edit: also, would the stock manifold from an EK fit an EG? And would my Chikara header on my EG fit the EK? Because it'd be nice to be able to do a little header swap before I sell my '94. The thing that confuses me is the OBD-I/OBD-II thing.

*another edit: would the brake rotors from an EG fit the EK? Because I still haven't installed my cross-drilled & slotted rotors on my EG (and I see no point in putting them on a car that I'm definitely selling), and I'd like to be able to put them on the EK when I buy it.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well the exaust header will bolt right over BUT the problem is O2 sensor location.... the eg has the sensor up ontop part of header, BUT ek is on the tip of the header back rear of downpipe part...
your aftermarket header will probably bolt right over no problem..... cause it MOST LIKELY has both O2 sensor locating plugs like most do.
BUT if ya swap the header onto the eg the o2 sensor location wont be thier

if you want a stock eg header i got mine still with o2sensor still in it no clue if its good or not, came with the replacement motor i bought and i never used it.LOL
give me 5bucks plus shiping and its yours tho doesnt have the heat shield i dont think....
to me it was just gonna be scrap metal eventualy....eventualy i want to buy a nice header for my eg.

tho ive also put my civic up for sale localy on craigslist... 3,500 for it not a dime less for all the work ive put into it. i dont WANT TO sell it...... BUT i also dont want credit card bills.LOL so ive decided IF i can sell it for 3,500 ill sell it and pay off all my bills, OR if offered 3,499cash... keep it...... ya im that serious.LOL id rather keep the car BUT id also like to have a hatchback project car... if i pay off all my bills i could look for another civic eg hatchback with a bad motor and swap this motor tranny into it since i know they are perfect and then sell the coupe as a chassis.LMFAO