The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Musical Taste

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: Musical Taste

i like punk, alternative, metal, rock, rap, hip hop. i like a little bit of everything, some of my favorit bands are in flames, hawthorne heights, the used, fuel, saosin, senses fail, 30 seconds to mars, etc

Old 02-14-2007, 12:39 AM
HCF Member

Punk(and not the new crap. old school pennywise, rancid, bad religion), Rap (Eightball and MJG, Too Short), Some techno, scottish and Irish folk music, Classical, very limited counrty. I will listen to anything once. I may not like it, but I will try out anything.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Eun

punk, rap, rock...ballad even.
I listen to pretty much everythin.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:21 AM
HCF Member

Death Metal, Grindcore, Screamo, Indie, Punk, Emo, Rock, Alternative, Progressive...

And I listen to classical when I'm driving around sometimes... It makes me feel like a millionare driving a pimp *** luxury car.

Favorite bands:

Bayside
Northstar
We Came With Broken Teeth
Taking Back Sunday
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Say Anything
To This Day
Silversun Pickups
Alexisonfire
Anti-Flag...

I could sit here for hours listing off bands... but I'm not gonna do that.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: badb0ybilly

its all about techno/house. club music. good speakers and a nice system.. you can take the club with you everywhere.

country and metal are chit. metal is retarded (no offense) but its not music to bang on drums and scream a lot. and country is just annoying.
Musical talent > Being able to operate a sound machine. Do you have any musical background what so ever? I'm guessing no, since you think that shredding across every fret of a guitar in a matter of seconds is "chit," yet being able to push a few buttons and spin some records is teh pwnz..

"no offense" <--stupidest phrase ever, 90% of the time it seems like it's only used when you really do mean to be offensive

/rant

I'm a big fan of metal, modern rock, classic rock, old school punk (windcalmer hit the nail on the head, but I would totally add NOFX and the Misfits to his list), some screamo, even some emo. Other stuff I like to just chillto, is Jazz and Reggae.

I'm not even going to bother bosting my band list, you guys will be reading for hours

Old 02-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Oh, and as for being in a band, I haven't played in one since high school. But from the time I was 16 until I moved away from my hometown, our band used to play shows at the park, bars in canada, etc.. good times.

Now a days me and my buddy Chris like to just chill and rock out. I haven't played lately, but hopefully I'll have my music room set up soon and we can start recording some stuff again. Heres a shot of my last music room, the one in the new house will dominate

Amps and recording junk

Geeetarrzzzzz, and my oh-so-precious microphone

Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Heavy metal, rock, rap, punk, reggae are what i listen to daily. I can listen to any kind of music besides 99% of emomusic and country. I hate that kind of music. Give me a band like Lamb of God or Shadowsfall and ill be happy.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Talon585

Heavy metal, rock, rap, punk, reggae are what i listen to daily. I can listen to any kind of music besides 99% of emomusic and country. I hate that kind of music. Give me a band like Lamb of God or Shadowsfall and ill be happy.
[sm=icon_rock.gif] Dude you should come over to Grand Rapids for the ST. Patty's day show. Lamb of God, Trivium, Machinehead, Gojira. I'm going to be one sore **** the day after that show

Old 02-14-2007, 07:01 AM

HAHA you cant turn down a good pit. Two of my friends are already going to that show. I need to muster up some cash and go. Its going to be a kick *** show.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

i like punk, alternative, metal, rock, rap, hip hop. i like a little bit of everything, some of my favorit bands are in flames, hawthorne heights, the used, fuel, saosin, senses fail, 30 seconds to mars, etc
you just named like four of my favorite bands

Quick Reply: Musical Taste