The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

My car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Default RE: My car wont start

sounds like your as helpfull as a dirt diaper... now back to topic... if i turn the key to.. i think it is ignition i can jump start it.. rolling start.... when it is running there is a loud girly squeal.... my buddy said it was a ujoint? i think..

Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

So the starter doesn't crank but you can roll start it? If so it's either a bad starter or more likely screwed up wiring relating to an anti-theft system. You can test the starter by going under the hood and pulling the small wire off, then connect a jumper from the terminal on the starter for the small wire to the terminal for the big wire or right to the (+) on the battery. Expect the engine to turn so make sure the car is in neutral with the brake set.

Sounds like you're into quite a project as the wiring on this car is rather messed up.

If the squeal occurs when the engine is running but the car is not moving it is probably one of the belts.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 AM

Thanks I will go try it and let you know

Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 AM

You should test the battery by holding a bare metal pipe between the positive and negative terminals on the battery with your bare hands.

DISCLAIMER FOR ALL THE JACKASSES AND RETARDS THAT CAN'T SENSE THE SARCASM: Do not try this at home dip****.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: omniondubs

You should test the battery by holding a bare metal pipe between the positive and negative terminals on the battery with your bare hands.

to bad it is dc current

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

Your going to get sued like that. I smell a troll.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Your going to get sued like that. I am a dumbass and would try that at home if my daddy says its ok.

fixed it for ya

P.S. I added a disclaimer in for your type you redneck piece of ****

Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

Ok so i did what you guys told me to do.. guess what it WORKED!!!! But there is a big gaping hole in my garage... I put my little bro in there to hold the clutch in.... I forgot to take it out of first and put the e brake on.... soooo I start the car and the little terd popped the clutch and it was off to the races..... my car is pretty beat up and my parents are PISSED... i mean.. not like a we are dissapointed in you kind of pissed... i am talking.. chasing my *** with a hammer pissed.... soo i made it out of there and now am **** outta luck

Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 AM

rofl dude. ok well i just had a starting problem on my 96 civic lx. i knew it wasnt the starter because it would start sumtimes and then sumtimes nothing. then i thought maybe it was the sensor on the clutch pedal not being hit or released enuf to let the motor turn over. so i hard wired both sensors on the pedal. STILL didnt start. so i went to basics. it turned out to be a loose positive battery terminal ><

Old 08-03-2007, 09:51 AM

I guess it doesnt matter now my car is ****ed.... I am thinking about buying a jeep.... any ideas?

Quick Reply: My car wont start