The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

My Civic vs a deer ***Getting fixed*** Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Default RE: My Civic vs a deer

I went to a collison center this afternoon and they quoted me $2900 just to replace the hood, fender, bumper, and a few pieces underneath plus labor and color matching on the front of the car. Of course they couldn't find any used parts at their junk yards so that was with all brand new OEM parts. They won't take user supplied parts either, they have to buy everything. Screw that!! Plus the clear on the rear quarter panel and trunk is coming off so the whole car needs a paint job anyways. Then she said they only do top-O-the-line paint jobs and that would be another $2800 at least just to paint it the factory red. $5700 is way too much, I only paid $3800 for the car!!

So, my plan is to accumulate the parts myself (hood, fender, bumper, headlight, bracing underneath) and bend them back as best I can then take it somewhere and have them paint everything. I do know a guy that owns a body shop so I am going to see how much he will do it for. But I can't believe these prices. They wanted $324 just for the hood!! I know a guy who had his whole truck painted for $800.

So if you have any of the parts I need. Please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:23 PM

damn man that sucks ****in deer i tell you. I hit three dear at once while i was down in texas my damage was as bad as that though. I hit one dead on went flying in the air the one of each corner closer to the headlight and mirror. After wards I had to duck tape my mirror back on and my door would open and of course plenty of dents but i popped out the one that was preventing me from opening the door. Lluckily this was my old 97' Mazda 626 not my beatiful civic

I'm trying to think of the name of the type of road i was on someone from Texas will know its like a road next to the highway kinda of used as exits and on ramps i've only seen em in texas theres a specific name for em. killin me i wanna say interchange but i know that wrong

Old 06-08-2006, 07:50 AM

Yes, that is deer poo on the fender... but you should have seen the deer!

Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

i bet the deer looked terrible
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

That's a bummer but at least you or anyone else didn't get hurt.. and considering you hit a deer, you got pretty lucky with minimal damage.. minus the deer pooh of course.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:52 AM

So its in the shop getting fixed. The front is all straightened out, they are taking out the dents, I got new body panels, all the windows are out, and it is getting new paint. They are also going to fix the water leaks into the trunk and the rust that we found in the back when we took it apart. It still needs to be cleaned up, sanded, masked off, prepped, then the PAINT!! Here are some pictures, it really wasn't that dark in the shop, my camera was acting funny, but I will try and get some in the daylight this weekend.
Hood and bumper mock-up.
Name:  100_1180.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  36.4 KB
Name:  100_1181.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  47.2 KB
There were a lot of dents down the side
Name:  100_1189.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  41.5 KB
RUST on the back latch area!
Name:  100_1191.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB
RUST on the back pillar
Name:  100_1192.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  100_1193.jpg
Size:  61.0 KB
The engine bay stripped so we can paint

Body filler
Name:  100_1195.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  64.4 KB
Name:  100_1196.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  52.1 KB

More to come.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:14 AM
HCF Member

Hate to hear about the deer mishap. I've almost hit 2 deer since living out here in the country. They always run out at the last second, at night, over a hill or something.... But glad to see you're getting the whole car painted. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

wow...it looks crazy all stripped..so your going to do the full color change then im guessing, what color? (if i missed it, sorry)

the guy working on your car dosent look happy

ya im looking forward to finished pics!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i know how the whole hitting a deer thing goes... before i bought my civic from my brother, he hit a deer straight on... it landed on the hood and flipped completely over the car.. bent the radiator support bar and everything, he and my dad used a come-along to get most of the bendage out of it... but its still has some issues. I just dont have the money to get it fixed the right way haha

Old 08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

Sucks man---you should see what a moose up here in AK will do to a small car---driver usually ends up near dead or dead

Dave

Quick Reply: My Civic vs a deer ***Getting fixed*** Pics!