The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Police cars Spec.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Police cars Spec.

Same, but damn it sucks if the driver is dumb and takes it with out the reach around. You have to understand you can fight it.

I have seen it happen I just drive by and giggle.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:29 PM

The cops around here had the same idea and it was entrapment and the judges were charging the cops with racing and wreckless driving and letting the morons off so that stopped that in this town, now we have a no crusing law in the city but everyone beats that because you cant limit use of a public city street in america, its called taxes and i pay em lol no law enforcement agency can ticket someone for cruising, they try but its a waste of time its unconstitutional

Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

I think loitering is where they get the pay off. You know I believe it is 2 lefts and it is entrapment as you would have crossed traffic twice. Just thinking all cruises have u turns just turn left down a street and a left somewhere to get back(2 lefts). Just keep moving to avoid the loiter charge.(low speed in first in a parking lot)

Old 03-06-2005, 10:13 PM

Cops around here mostly run Crown Vics. A friend of mine is a Crown Vic fanatic...it's pretty sad. So here are some responses to your comments.

Crown Vics are big and slow:HAHAHA! Right. Sure, they're big, but slow? Uhm. No.
Crown Vics can't go more than 110: Uhhh...actually, Police Interceptor 4's can go up to 230.
Crown Vics have chips in them that cut them off at 112(And your buddy is a cop): Your buddy lied to you. The chips are there as an ub3r upgrade to a reg ECU chip. They are illegal for public distribution, and if you happen to score a used Interceptor, the chip will have been replaced with something icky.

Now where all these myths come from? Regular Crown Vics. 83-year old women that can barely see over the steering wheel of their golden sedan of justice. Sure, it's got a 4.6 under the hood, and sometimes old people like to feel the wind between the 3 gray hairs left in their head, so they'll floor it. Those do have rev limiters on them. The cutoff is actually 115. Same as in most 95-99 Cavaliers.

Aside from Crown Vics, cops around here run F-150's, Impalas and our own, WPD has a Peterbuilt. Not sure why, but they have one.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

loitering is possible to get out of too. its literally a ticket for doing nothing. how the hell can they give you a ticket for doing nothing? my buddy asked the judge that, and he threw it out.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

No sh*t. Good point.

Emaums world.com has video of a high speed chase on I-40 with a mustang possible V6 but the Hi-po were all over him. I think they ARE pretty quick.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah they say we are always loitering at taco bell even though we have food there like 4 mins earlier

Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

keep your reciepts in case you have to go to court. and check the time on the ticket if you ever get one.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Orin

Crown Vics can't go more than 110: Uhhh...actually, Police Interceptor 4's can go up to 230.
Absurd! That's like a top speed of a Diablo. there's no way in hell a freakin Crown Victoria could go that fast. Even if it could, I imagine that you will start hydroplaning for sure at around 140mph (if it could ever get to that speed) and you will ose comtrol.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:10 AM

dont forget the evo V11's that the nottingham police have

Quick Reply: Police cars Spec.