The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Police cars Spec.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Default RE: Police cars Spec.

ORIGINAL: andryuha

ORIGINAL: Orin

Crown Vics can't go more than 110: Uhhh...actually, Police Interceptor 4's can go up to 230.
Absurd! That's like a top speed of a Diablo. there's no way in hell a freakin Crown Victoria could go that fast. Even if it could, I imagine that you will start hydroplaning for sure at around 140mph (if it could ever get to that speed) and you will ose comtrol.
Yeah, andryuha's right. You seem to be overlooking this little thing called "aerodynamically limited top speed" which is why even Diablo's have a hard time hitting 200 (there's just not enough road...). And don't even ****ing tell me you think a Crown Vic is more aerodynamic than a Diablo... I don't care if it is a Police Interceptor 4; it's not hitting 200.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:34 PM

230km/h maybe? that equals about 140ishmph.

Evo VII's in notiingham hey?Not going there fast then!

Ive seen a picture some whre on the web of a Dodge viper GTS Marked as a police car over in US also a Lambo Muci-thingy in italy.[sm=drooldude.gif]

Dont think we really have an impressive police car...Cosworths, Scoobys,EVOs,Volvos Sure there fast but they never keep with that porche GT3 we see on the Old Police Camera Action Series..they olny caught him because the police helicopter kept him in its Zoom range and saw him turn off the Motorway!police helicopters over here go a max of 165mph(265.5km/h)Then the porche outran it,well so far.

Asfor vauxhalls being new? i think Opel is the younger matey, Vauxhall was once a British company that makes a hell of a lot of cars even today. General Motors or somthing like that, has bought them and opel is the name given to all cars of Vauxhall sold outside the UK. Did you ever get MG-Rovers overthere?

Old 03-07-2005, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: milanoCTRjonuk

Asfor vauxhalls being new? i think Opel is the younger matey, Vauxhall was once a British company that makes a hell of a lot of cars even today. General Motors or somthing like that, has bought them and opel is the name given to all cars of Vauxhall sold outside the UK. Did you ever get MG-Rovers overthere?
I feel enlightened . What do you mean over there? The opels that I've seen were not in US, but in Europe. If by "over there" (regarding Rovers) you mean USA, then no, at least I haven't seen any

Old 03-07-2005, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: andryuha

yeah, we have some V8 camaros in the states. I also know that one of the states has a few M5 pursuit units.

Yeah we have those too and the lights on those things are way to small you can't tell it is a cop until they are right up on you. IS it bad that they put rims on it?

BTW,

We really need to change to whole can't post two consecutive posts thing. It makes me jsut leave. I think that the max time should be 30 seconds.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:12 PM

ooops..keep thinking all you guys on here are Colonials..

Old 03-07-2005, 09:17 PM

ooops..keep thinking all you guys on here are Colonials..
huh [sm=dontgetit.gif] ?

Old 03-07-2005, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

Do mean from the colonies?[sm=icon_rofl.gif] If so I have not really ever heard it put that way. I believe it is has spread global at least or close to one member from every continent.

I really enjoyed the outside perpective of the Americans it was way cool.(And no I am not being cynical)

Old 03-07-2005, 09:51 PM

they olny caught him because the police helicopter kept him in its Zoom range and saw him turn off the Motorway!police helicopters over here go a max of 165mph(265.5km/h)
Hehe yeah I got 1 word for ya: "Eleanor"

Old 03-07-2005, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

hell yeah. hehe, my buddy with an evo 8 called me at like 12 o clock in the morning a couple of months ago and he was all excited. he said some punks pulled up on him on the freeway in a Jetta and wanted to race, so he laid into it and didnt let off till he broke 150!. then he decided a couple of days later to top it out, and he hit 160. hopefully sometime this year he will get his headwork done, then his car will rev to 9K, so that will add a bit of top end.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:43 PM

Well hell...I'm from Russia, originally...Live in Maine now, though. So now you've got one from 1 more continent. :P

Oh, and yes...Milano was right. I meant 230km/h....

Quick Reply: Police cars Spec.