The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Sad day (funeral).

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Sad day (funeral).

I'm pretty sure the funeral I went to today was quite possibly the most difficult one I have ever had to attend (I've been to too many to count at this point). My friend Natalie's niece was supposed to be born in 2 weeks. Sunday, Natalie's sister in-law, Andrea noticed that the baby had stopped moving and went to the hospital to get checked out. Sadly, the doctors discovered that the baby's heart had stopped beating. They induced Andrea and saw that the umbilical cord had become wrapped around the baby's neck.

Natalie's brother, Nathan, Andrea and their soon to be 2 year old son, Adam were given the opportunity to spend some time with the baby and have some pictures taken with her. They named their baby girl Madelyn Lee. She would have been the first grand daughter in the family.

Her funeral was today. They had a photo montage of what should have been a joyous occasion. It was completely gut wrenching. They had no prior indications that anything could have been wrong with the baby. The hospital even had her hand prints and foot prints taken as well as a sort of birth/death certificate.

I'm pretty sure I cried more today than I have at my own family members' funerals.

Please keep Nathan and Andrea Svoboda and their families in your prayers, as this is going to be an extremely difficult time for them.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sad day (funeral).

That happened to my mom also. I would have had an older sister. I wish them the best