The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

school research paper (help)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
HCF Member
Default school research paper (help)

Well im taking a freshmen college english class at my high school so i dont have to take it next year and I have to write a research paper on how the enviroment today is being effected by pollution. I chose to do it on automobile pollution and how the new hybrid vehiclescan help. Does anyone know anything about car pollution and/or how the new hybrid vehicles function and how they can help? Im asking because the paper needs to be seven pages and thats a S!@# ton of research. If anyone can help me out with some info or sites that would be great.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: school research paper (help)

hybrid vehicles work by using both an electric motor or battery cell along with a traditional gasoline burning engine.

the benefit is in that these types of car put out less carbon monoxide and other pollutant particulates into the atmosphere since their electric motor/battery will turn on in certain situations such as coasting or braking to save gas.

that said, hybrids aren't living up to their advertised gas mileage expectations in some cases because the epa testing is done in optimistic lab testing situations. in many cases, a regular low hp/high mileage traditional gas burning car or diesel powered car gets almost as good gas mileage without the exhorbitant price increase commanded by hybrid vehicles.

ironically, honda and acura hybrid vehicles are sometimes faster than their traditional gas burning counterparts.

go figure.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

****, only six and a half more pages to go!
Look up the subject and read some White Papers. Don't forget to give credit to the sources, lest you be accused of plagiarism. Once you get going, the pages will crank out ! You'll have trouble keeping it short.

Good Luck !

SMOKEM

Old 03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

thats always a good problem to have.

also try: www.howstuffworks.com

Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the help guys. Its about time for me to get started lol

Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

dood. i remember i did my senior term paper in like three days.

it was 30 pages long on why alcohol advertising disporportionately targets black communities in the inner city.

seven pages is easy. hit teh STAPLES button. lol.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Dude, wikipedia is your friend! They have loads of stuff about pollution on there

Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 AM
HCF Member

Wikipedia is not a valid source where I'm from. If a teacher saw wikipedia on a term paper source page, they'd slap you in the face.

Then again, I got away with quoting some guy from a chatroom who claimed to be a professor.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

What i do, Is when im assigned essays and stuff in my english class I shave about a page and a half on it, but I do it really good, usuing literary devices are your friends. Do a rebuttal paragraph. Sorta like bring up a point against yours and then bring up one why it's wrong. teachers LOVE that.