The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

wooo hooo my car passed the smog check

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
HCF Member
Default wooo hooo my car passed the smog check

[sm=gears.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=w00t.gif]

yaaaay, I'm so happy that my car passed the smog check. I was fudging nervous that it would failed the test or that the smog check station wouldn't even want to test it because of the turbo[&:].

The first guy I went to, immediately say he wouldn't even test my car because of the turbo, he didn't even bother to check that my turbo kit is fully CARB legal because my sticker was a little faded[:'(].

I then took it to my brother's mechanic that knows me and knows that I turbo my car. Anyways, he did some research on checking the carb number on my sticker and toll me to go sit down while he smog checks my car

The test took around twenty minutes, I don't remember being it this long. But the whole time I was fudging nervous that I will failed the test. Anyways, he toll me the good news that my car passed and that I should ask edelbrock for new carb sticker since if he didn't knew me, he would have not tested my car because you can hardly see the carb number

After, I got tested, I went straight to the dmv to pay my registration fees and for the first time ever, I didn't have to wait a long time... even though I went during luch time hours.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: wooo hooo my car passed the smog check

woot bet that was an awesome feeling, do you just call edelbrock and give them your turbo kit number and they send out another CARB stickers or what?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Cereal Admin

congrats

Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

If i were you I would get a note book and put all your carb numbers in that book and keep it in your car. So you dont have to worry about the sticker every fading away again.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

woot bet that was an awesome feeling, do you just call edelbrock and give them your turbo kit number and they send out another CARB stickers or what?
Yeah, it's a huge relief knowing that I won't have to take the kit off and then put it on[&:]. I still haven't called them, but I'm hopping it would be that easy

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

congrats
Thanks man

ORIGINAL: importcivicus
If i were you I would get a note book and put all your carb numbers in that book and keep it in your car. So you dont have to worry about the sticker every fading away again.
I wish it would work that way, but the smog stations want an actual sticker from the manufacturer saying the it's CARB Legal.