Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'01 Civic - Gauge cluster issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Default '01 Civic - Gauge cluster issues

Ok, I'm a total Civic n00b, so I really don't know what the problem is. I've done some research, and several different fixes have came up, but I would like to be sure before I spend more $$ on my car....
The issue- My gauges randomly stop working, all of them, and the gauge back light, as well as all the instrument panel lights (Air, cruise control, etc.) stop working. Then at times, they will all flash and show signs of life, but either die again or magically come back on and work for several days. ******(The E brake light also comes on when everything else shuts off)

My car is an '01 Civic EX

**Here's what I have done** If the battery is unhooked for a good while, maybe over 10 mins, they all work, and work for maybe a week. I have swapped fuse boxes and that fixed it for several days. I am almost positive this isn't a ground or fuse. Fuses would mean that they wouldn't work at all, and I would think the same for a ground.

Please Help!!!