Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 DX no clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Default 01 DX no clutch pressure

Hi, all, I know this has probably been covered a million times, but I have an 01 dx coupe. I recently replaced both the clutch master and slave cylinders, and still cant seem to get any pressure o the pedal. the master was installed by a mechanic, and bench bled before it was installed. I installed the slave myself. it seems no matter what I do, I still have no pressure whatsoever in the clutch line. I attempted gravity bleeding, nothing seems to come through the line whatsoever. I tried pumping the pedal and using the bleeder, no pressure buildup at all. this is the third master I have had put in the car, same issue. no matter what I do it seems as though I cannot get this system to bleed whatsoever. the mechanic checked the lines and said they are all ok. I have also adjusted the master all the way in and all the way out with no effect. does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wong here? I have done this procedure on several cars over the years, and this is the only one ive ever had this kind of issue with. both the master and slaves are oem. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:46 AM

What ended up being the problem?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Bottom line is, i was being cheap lazy and only replaced the master. Turns out the slave was bad as well...i knew better the whole time..:wholesale replacement and no more cutting corners from now on.