Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

04 Civic alarm going off and no crank

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Default 04 Civic alarm going off and no crank

Just got an 04 Civic that my sister had for a while. Get home from work today and shut it off. With the key in the ignition and door open I go out and unplug the horn because when the airbag recall was done someone put the horn pad in wrong so when I hit bumps it beeps the horn lol. After I unplugged the horn I get back in the car and lights are flashing, go to start it and no crank. So I plug the horn back in which did nothing other than beep the horn when the alarm goes off now. Is there some kind of reset I need to do? I tried unplugging the battery but that didn't work. Put my code in the radio and that didn't work either. If I open/close the door the alarm goes off, take the key out of the ignition it goes off... The green key symbol stays off while in crank position but nothing. Please help this is my new work car!