Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 Civic less gas milage???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Default 07 Civic less gas milage???

I've always checked my gas milage at almost every fill up and I typically get around 32-34mpg (going to work, running errands, and what not). Recently I noticed that my car was starting up a little ruff in the mornings. I had my fuel injectors cleaned (thru the intake, not thru the gas tank) to fix the problem. That only seemed to make the problem worse, cuz then the car was getting 5-6mpg less than what I had been getting before.

I took my car to a trusted mechanic and they said that their scanner showed that there was something wrong with the mass air flow sensor and told me that I should take it to an actual Honda dealership. Honda said that their scanner pulled up the same trouble code as the first shop, but claimed that it was actually my valves that needed to be adjusted. After the adjustment I did notice that my car began starting up normal again and my mpg slightly improved, but still was not getting the mpg I was before. Anyone out there experience something similar or maybe have an answer on how to resolve my problem?
Thanks,
Kevin