Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

19' honda civic sport issue

Old 06-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Default 19' honda civic sport issue

Hey guys just bought this brand new car the dealer doesnt open till tomorrow. but i was in my car for awhile with engine off configuring some settings getting use to how the car is when all of a sudden the Electric Parking Brake Problem light came on and my car wouldn't start. I am figuring this may be a dead battery already because i was sitting in my car for awhile with engine off. But i mean really though, dead battery already on a new car? Do you think this is the problem?

thank you

Old 06-24-2019, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jay Speed View Post
Hey guys just bought this brand new car the dealer doesnt open till tomorrow. but i was in my car for awhile with engine off configuring some settings getting use to how the car is when all of a sudden the Electric Parking Brake Problem light came on and my car wouldn't start. I am figuring this may be a dead battery already because i was sitting in my car for awhile with engine off. But i mean really though, dead battery already on a new car? Do you think this is the problem?

thank you

update: now my car is completely dead, no power at all until i plug in portable battery charger. How could the battery die already on a brand new car i was only inside with the engine off for a few hours hours with the interior lights on?