Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Civic Coupe Sun Visor problem

Old 05-09-2007, 08:00 AM
HCF Member
Default 2006 Civic Coupe Sun Visor problem

I bought the car in April 06. Last year around September,my passenger sun visor quit flipping up and I would have to push it real hard to get it to stay up. So I went to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty.

Yesterday, I went to leave work for lunch and of course I have the sun shade in the windshield with both sun visors down holding it in place.

I grab the sunvisors andwent to move them up andthey both went "pop" and of course the drivers side wouldn't fold up at all and would hit me in the head and the passenger side took a little force to get it back up again.

I went down to the dealer and they had them both in stock and replaced them both under warranty.

Ofall the cars I've owned I don't think I have had any problems with sun visors.
Anyone else having a problem with these?

Old 05-09-2007, 03:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006 Civic Coupe Sun Visor problem

ive never heard of a problem like this but i would complain to the dealer that they need to make sure that they fix it for the last time the next time u go in.. or someone will be getting a nice greivance letter

Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 AM
HCF Member

It is not that they do a bad job, it is the visor itself. When I flip it up or down something inside it breaks and then the visor is shot. The dealer only has to put in the two screws that hold it to the roof of the car.
I think it is the heat that does that since it has been hot both days this has happened.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

Update,

I have had the sun visors replaced at least 4 times now.

I asked the mechanic where I could take sun visors 101 since I thought I was using them wrong.

He said that the spring inside is too strong and when the plastic parts get hot and soft the spring over powers the plasticwhere they clip togetherand they pop loose.

I hope they fix it soon I have one more that is giving me troubles now.

And the warranty period isn't even half over.