Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2008 Honda Civic Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Default 2008 Honda Civic Not starting

Hi-I am new to this forum and NEW to Honda. This problem has probably been answered a thousand times, so maybe someone can point me to an existing thread if it is helpful. I just bought a used Civic for my daughter. it was going great until the other day it refused to start. so conditions are: starter and engine turning over fine-battery is new and fully charged. We can get it to run by spraying starter-fluid into the injection air manifold (took off the air filter cover, spray into the air tube), so it will at least run with starter-fluid. Thinking fuel problem, we cannot hear the fuel pump when the key is on. so i am looking for a wiring diagram or help on troubleshooting the fuel pump power system. we took the rear seat out and the cover off the fuel pump, and i'm looking for a pin-out of the plug to see if there's power. The problem seems to have happened after hitting a BIG bump--i found some kind of shade-tree jumper in the inside fuse box that may have fallen out so i don't know where it was jumped to--maybe a sign the previious owner jumped some relay or something?? it was from the ACC fuse to somewhere within 10 inches or so of the fuse box... any help or direction would be appreciated! thanks