Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2012 Civic USB won't see new songs

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 03:08 PM
Default 2012 Civic USB won't see new songs

Previously whenever I'd pull the USB stick out and put it back it would start back at folder 1 track 1.

Today I added 3 songs to an existing folder. It REFUSES to see those songs!!! I plugged it back in and it continued where it left off on the other song in that folder!! I tried renaming the folder and it followed it and continues again!! I deleted the folder, but the USB back in and told it to play folder 1 track 1. Took it out, put the folder back with the original song and the 3 new ones and it refuses to see the 3 new songs!! It even put the folder back at the same number it had before I deleted it!!

It's like it has some kind of internal memory that isn't refreshing the folder & song list.

Other than replacing the USB drive, or formatting it, what can I do to manually refresh the folder/song list like it used to do by itself??!!

Old 02-28-2019, 02:01 AM

I had an idea this morning. MAYBE there's a size limit on directories??? The file it plays is 133mb, half a concert.

I made a new directory and put the 3 songs it won't play in it. I won't be able to test it until after work this evening.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:48 PM

The putting the 3 songs in another folder worked. There must be some file size limitation. I'll have to play with it another day. I'll bring my laptop out instead of running in and out of the house every few minutes.

After it played the 3rd song it jumped from folder 51 to folder 100, and played the first song. The display then hung up at "Loading..." and I couldn't get to the folder list. Had to turn the unit off and on.

I don't know if there's a limitation on the number of folders also. That will have to wait for a warmer day with more daylight.