Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

92 jonda civic was starting then stopping, now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Default 92 jonda civic was starting then stopping, now wont start

Hi

I have a K reg honda civic which was firing on 3 cyclinders, I changed the spark plugs as a cheap option as they hadn't been changed in a very long time but it didn't solve the problem, got a few hundred meters further and the car just died while doing 30mph.

at first it would start and then stop after a second with the engine managment light on, this happened for a while each time I tried to start it but then all of a sudden it just stopped starting.

I guessed it may be the ignition coil so changed that along with the rotor and dist cap but still no starting, there isn't a spark on any of the plugs.

the engine managment light now comes on when you turn the key in the ignition but then goes out.

any help please.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

The Check Engine Light is supposed to come on and then go off when you turn the key over. That is how it was designed.

As for your Spark problem - have you changed the Distributor itself or the Spark Plug wires?