Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 CIVIC HYD. CLUTCH ADJUST?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Default 94 CIVIC HYD. CLUTCH ADJUST?

Hello,
my name is chip, and i was trying to figure out how to adjust the clutch on my 5 speed 94 civic. (hydralic).
it wont go into gear but i know that there are no mechanical problems with the trans itself!
please help!
thanks

Old 12-26-2004, 09:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 94 CIVIC HYD. CLUTCH ADJUST?

sounds like the clutch is toast. on a hydrolic clutch you cant really adjust it like you can on a cable clutch. as long as the pedal pushes back up (if it doesnt, check the clutch fluid and bleed it if necessary) then its probably a clutch or pressure plate problem. try starting it in gear with the pedal pushed in. does it lurch forward? if so, then its definately time to replace the clutch and PP.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

try starting it in gear with the pedal pushed in. does it lurch forward? if so, then its definately time to replace the clutch and PP.
If it lurch's forward this is telling you the clutch is grabbing and the problem most likely is in the master or slave cylinders or needs to be bled properly. When a clutch goes out 99 time out of a 100, the clutch will slip. The car will still be able to be put into gear, it just won't go anywhere. When the car refuses to go into gear, this is usually either the master or slave cylinder has a bad seal and needs replaced or rebuilt. The problem trying to figure out which one can sometimes be tough, because the seals are internal and the leak will probably not be visible.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

yeah, but when mine went out, the damn spring broke out of the clutch disc and fell down between the PP and the clutch, thats why i suggested checking the fluid, if its not low, the its probably some such problem. and i mean if it lurches forward with the pedal pushed down and the fluid seems ok.