Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 Civic Not Starting Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Thumbs down 97 Civic Not Starting Again!!

My Civic wasn't starting for a while and I thought i figured out why. I had realized that there was a ground wire missing from the valve cover, so I placed one there, and it started--just like a miracle. The next part is the head tilter, next day (friday) i went to work just fine with it, at lunch went down to a shop and got a new gasket for my exhaust to fix a rattle just past the downpipe. got home later that day, placed the new gasket and took it for a test drive around the block to satisfy that it didnt rattle any more. at this point in time i had started my car multiple times. well, got back to my house, went inside and then turned right back around since i realized i could have just gone to the store to get my girl a V-Day card. went back out to my car and it wouldnt start again!! I tried roll starting it like before-nothing. at this point in time i have replaced virtually everything under the hood; alternator, block, head, distributor, after M. intake, all good gaskets & seals, there are no blown fuses-no signs of malfunction. this car has been serviced for wire harness faulty last year and just recently replaced the ign. switch-aware of the recall. now when i put the key in the ignition the door beeper never stops when the door is open, even in lll position (start). which also means none of the other electric components shut off either when they are supposed to as i attempt to start my car. no clicks, nothing. has full power, no response to key action in start position. wiring? definantly. not my specialty, but if there is any advice out there that can make this easier for me to diagnose my problem to the cause, please-feel free to express your opinion...