Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery?you can read this one.\!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Default Battery?you can read this one.\!?!

Ok,guys My car is a 94 honda civic, Aight this morning I went out to go to school and I got in my car and turned the key and it hesistated a little
I turned the key and it spun over and then slowed down and then fired right up. I only had to turn the key once.
This is the first cold day of the season here it dipped down to about 1 degrees here. could the cold be zapping my battery? Could I be out of cold start amps? If I am how can i measure this. Help me guys thanks

Old 11-17-2005, 11:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Battery?you can read this one.\!?!

get your battery tested. when they are cold, the amps do go down quite a bit. and remember to test your coolant to make sure its good down to those temps. thats freakin cold. it never seems to drop below about 30 degrees here, and thats usually only for an hour or so in the mornings, and only for a couple of days a year. sometimes i like going to the higher country, like Reno and Tahoe, just to breath in the 5 degree air. something cleansing about it.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:39 AM

A nice trick to try sometime if you have some halogen work lamps sitting around is to just leave one of those puppies on under your oil pan overnight. Rent-a-block-heater. You car will love you for it in the morning.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:43 AM

Also, how long had your car been sitting? If it sits long enough, the oil drains down to the bottom of the engine, that's when you get the "dry start" which is had on your engine.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Cat Fuсker

When it's cold I take my battery home...

Old 11-18-2005, 01:24 PM

or get one of these:

OPTIMA Batteries® EXPANDS LINE TO FIT SPORT COMPACT MARKET
For the last eight years, OPTIMA Batteries‚ has been the power supply of choice for on-road and off-road racers, 4x4 enthusiasts, hot rodders and car audio enthusiasts. Now, the sport compact market can also take full advantage of OPTIMA’s patented SPIRALCELL Technology®. OPTIMA Batteries is introducing the Group 51 YellowTop™ battery, designed to OPTIMA’s high quality specifications and built to fit the Honda Civic, Acura Integra and other imports. Unveiled officially at SEMA’s International Auto Salon in Los Angeles, the Group 51 YellowTop has been greatly anticipated by a large contingency of import tuners, racers and audiophiles.