Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Broken 6 port vacuum switch (thermo valve)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Default Broken 6 port vacuum switch (thermo valve)

Hi.. I have a D15B3 motor with a carb on it.. It has broken thermo switch ports and losing vacuum. Any body has any devac diagrams or any input regarding this matter? I have couple more issues once this gets resolved. It starts just fine but has erratic idle.

Waiting for your comments...

Old 02-12-2014, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

Wish i could help, maybe this would help. Go to a junk yard and get a fuel injection system and ecu from a newer d15. most mechanics these days wont even touch carburetors. I once had a c10 chevy and installed a brand new carb for 400$ and never could get it set right and neither could the mechanics i had look at it. Its not worth the headache

Old 02-12-2014, 10:09 PM

Thanks and i agree with that.. However its way expensive here to convert to EFI. I tuned the carb myself and m good at it however its way richer and spark plugs have a dark black soot on em every time i start. I will look over your suggestion and if there is any possibility i can get a cheap conversion kit for my make. Thanks again

Old 02-13-2014, 04:21 AM
HCF Member

Well i dont know about where you live but down south we have tons of junk yards called pull-a-part where they charge 1$ admission and youre allowed to go through the cars with your tool bag and pull whatever parts you want and they sell them to you off a generalized parts price list no matter what the brand . For example: a 4 cylinder motor is like 75$ whether its a honda or a mercedes and so on. If yall dont have anything like that and you cant find it id be happy to go look around here and pull what you need for the cost of the parts and ship to you at cost as well. Every time i do something good it always comes back to me in a bigger way.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Thanks a lot.. I dunno whats ur real name but so nice of you

Can i have your email address so that i can talk to you further on this? I have a Carb D15B3 motor and the head is non VTEC one, so i think i better get the following shipped from you

1. Intake manifold (With Throttle Body, IACV and TPS)
2. VTEC head
3. ECU with complete uncut harness
4. Injectors
5. Dizzy (if it needs to be changed)
6. VTEC solenoids (I think they come with the head)
7. Exhaust Manifold (with O2 sensor)

Do lemme know what you think or if something is expensive you can just show me a snap of it and i will check local junk yards too.

Thanks again

Last edited by SalPal; 02-15-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM
HCF Member

No problem ill pm it to you