Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont start trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
HCF Member
Default car wont start trouble!

I have searched this for hours! tried everything i can think of.... I think im thinking to hard on this. Probably something easy, so thats why im asking. Need help quick.

Just replaced the clutch in my car..
Pulled the tranny out of the bottom... hooked it up, bled the clutch... the norm. Started right up fine.. drove it around the block a couple times. Drove GREAT!

NOW. On the way home... about half way there (2 mls. apprx.) the car stalls... been stuck in the parking lot at this laundry-mat for the 2nd day now. The car turns over but no start!

The Tried:
I have NEW starter
Ignition Control Module checked at local O'Reilly Checked out good, buy a guy that builds hondas, tested it couple times.
Replaced the Coil in the dizzy.
Changed oil 300 miles ago
Checked all my wires... seem to be a.o.k
sprayed starting fluid in the intake? dont know if its a bad idea but im desperate now.
Pulled the banjo bolt off my fuel filter to see if any fuel was comming out. (a.o.k)
Switched Dizzys with a friend of mine... (from a running car) still nothing.
Tried an ECU from another ex (p28).... nothing.

Update: or TIP: The ECU fuse (blue 15) was blown.
What causes that to blow?

Replaced fuse.... tried everything over again. NOTHING!

If there is ANYONE! in the Dayton area that knows what might? be up with this Id really appreciate it if i could get a hand!
OR if anyone can let me know on the little simple thing that is keeping my car from starting.. please please let me know!

Thanks for checking out my misery.
let me know or call -937-689-9741
-Eric

Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Default RE: car wont start trouble!

Do you have spark? Does the engineturn over when you try to start it?If it turns over, get afriend to watch the dizzy with the cover offwhen youturnit over. If the dizzy is not turning while the starter is turning the engine over,that's a sign that your timing belt may be broken or fallen.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM
HCF Member

We can see that the timing belt is moving.... i dont have the upper cover on. And yes we dont think that its getting spark.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 AM

...Sounds to me kinda like a ground wire came loose. Did the tranny have a ground on it somewhere that needed put back on during the tranny swap removal? This is just a guess though if the new dizzy didn't correct the problem.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, the tranny had a ground wire on it and it seemed ok. Today, i read around a bit for the (Main relay) on Honda-Tech and called a couple places. Its the big relay under the driver side dash in the kick panel. Connected directly to a plug in the wiring harness. Put one from another car on mine, same thing. Put mine in another car and it started that car up fine.

Is there ANYONE with ANY idea. i am in serious need help. Willing to pay for service from someone to help! Thanks guys!
let me know -937-689-9741 - Eric

Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Try swaping out your distributor. No spark should be traceable to something.

Also are you sure you have no spark? Did you actually pull a plug, put the tip against some metal and visually confirm you have no spark?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Recognized HCF Member

The fuse should not blow. Did the new fuse also blow? Check for 12 volts to the ECU, distributor and injectors.

If this is a swap engine instead of stock car, check the wiring carefully for shorts wherever it was spliced.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

Yes, weve swapped the dizzy. 2 times from a car that we know for a fact works... Visually seen that theres no spark. Put a screwdriver in the plug wire.. nothing. Put a plug in the end and put it to multiple places for ground and seen no spark.

This is a swap of the same motor. d16z6 same motor that was in it before so no splicing needed. However, the guy before me did a little chop job. What wires can we check to make sure theres 12V getting to all the desired spots.

your right, the fuse should not blow... the new fuse hasnt blown.