Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car won't stop beeping

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:00 AM
Default Car won't stop beeping

Hello, I have a 2005 Honda Civic SE. This morning I drove to work. When I parked, I turned off the car as usual. When I open the door to get out of the car the car won't stop beeping while the door is open. When I close the door the beeping stops. Also the turn indicator lights seem to stay on... I am not sure if they are suppose to turn off after a little while the car's been parked (some cars do that). The lights switch/handle is in the off position, and I did not use any lights at all this morning. I looked at the manual, and couldn't find nothing.

The only "unusual" thing that happened this morning is that after driving and when I parked, my door was locked for some reason, and I had to unlock it before I got out of the car. that's it. I thought I may have accidently locked the door with my elbow or something.

I want the beeping to stop and the turn indicator lights to turn off. This sucks, I need to go on a road trip this afternoon. Please help.

Thanks,

Jangles