Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

clock and memory dont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Default clock and memory dont work

hi,
i was installing a new radio in my 94 honda civic and in the process of it something went wrong as to where the new radio wont work. however, when i reinstalled the old radio, the clock in my car went out and now the radio has no memory i.e. everytime i turn it off it erases the presets and changes the channel to the beginning of the dial. im guessing this is a fuse somewhere but ive looked in the fusebox and ive looked under the hood and cant find a fuse that would bring these things back up. does anyone know what im looking for or what went wrong? and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this? thanks for the help.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Default RE: clock and memory dont work

check your wiring. there is a wire that is a constant hot wire when your car is off it keeps power to the unit for certian thing such as the memory...one way to check if thats ok is "im assuming that its a cd player" with the car off press the eject button for the cd and see if the unit comes on for a second and ejects the cd this would mean u have power wi the key off which would mean that that is ok and not your problem... just look at the wiring diagram for the headunit again and it will tell yyou the constant hot wire...if you dont have that right take the unit out and use a test light with the key off until you fine the hot wire w/ the key off
good luck
someone correct me if im wrong but i think that could be your problem... as for the clock is it seperate from the raido? if so and you ahve checked the fuses im not sure of that problem

Old 07-20-2004, 11:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: clock and memory dont work

the honda wire for constant should be white w/blue tracer. for the clock, check the fuses under the hood, it should be a 7.5 amp fuse.