Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling System Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 AM
HCF Member
Default Cooling System Trouble

First of all I have a 92 hatchback cx w/D16z6 swap. 2days ago my car over heated(my temp gauge not working). So I came home checked ecerything out, refilled, and bled the system. Yesterday my radiator top housing cracked on the freeway. I got the radiator fixed at a shop, and threw on a new Thermostat. The mechanic said that my radiator was clogged.

I have now noticed that my fan takes too long to kick in, and when it does it comes on for about 10-12 seconds, and gone again.(this is at idle). I just swap out the temp control sensor, but still the same thing......

Does my temp gauge not working have anything to do with it? or is it something else???

Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Cooling System Trouble

Circuits for the coolant temperature sending unit (controls dash temp gauge) and the coolant temperature switch (controls radiator fan) are completely separate.

The pictures show how to troubleshoot your temperature gauge problem and the cooling fan relay, which may be the cause of your cooling fan problem. Also verify that the electrical connectors for both the coolant temperature switch and radiator fan are properly fastened rather than loose, which could cause intermittent problems.