Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

cruise contol quit working

Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Default cruise contol quit working

The cruise control on my 07 Honda Civic 5 speed suddenly quit working on me a week ago. I had the cruise on then it just shut off. I tried turning it back on and it stay on for a second and shuts off again. Then next day I tried it and when I push the cruise main button it shows the light on the dash for a second and shuts off.

Is this a common problem? Is it a easy/cheap fix?

Its irritating because my AC quit on me again, my CD player quit working and wont eject my CD and my windshield washer fluid sprayer never did work when I bought the car 5 years ago.
My last 98 Civic the cruise, AC, washer fluid, speedometer... all quit working on me. I'm starting to think it must be common issues with these cars?

I would like to have my cruise and AC working again. It just seems like every time I spend money to fix something on these cars it only works for a few months before it quits again.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 PM

Things break. Electrical things can break if one wire isn't hooked up. Newer cars are dependent on a lot of electronics to operate properly. The newest car I have is an 04 and i don't plan on getting a newer car anytime soon. Cars are expensive to own and will break, which is why you see so many car repair shops If there was no business for them, they would be gone.

Do you have any Check Engine Lights on?

For the Cruise control, you could have brake lights out, an issue with your brake pedal sensor, a problem with the wiring to the CC, or a problem with the speed sensor. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind first.

AC probably has a leak somewhere in the system unless you are saying that the blower motor doesn't turn on.

Do you hear the motor "hum"/buzz when you try to spray fluid? if yes, you have clog in the system, or you are out of fluid. If no, you have a wiring issue or a fuse is blown (fuse is unlikely tho)

Can't help you with the CD player unfortunately. download the CD, burn it to a disc, and buy a replacement head unit?