Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

d16z6 Number 1 Fuel Injector leaking AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Default d16z6 Number 1 Fuel Injector leaking AGAIN!

Okay, so i had already bought brand new o rings, replaced them, and my car was running strong, nothing leaking, all the fuel injectors were working perfectly fine, i've been driving 40 miles one way, and 40 miles back, 4 days a week, for around 3 weeks. And now all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, my number 1 fuel injector is leaking and spraying all over AGAIN. Someone said my fuel injector hole or whatever could be clogged up real bad, or something, causing a lot of pressure, and making it break the seal again. If that is so, if that's what you think makes sense to you, how do you go about cleaning the area? Or if you have any other idea why you think the o ring could have broke again? I'm open for ANY idea, Please tell me, i'm trying to get this car running correctly before i do any sort of modifications to it, and it seems to be having these stupid minor problems constantly. If it's not one thing, it's another. Lol, anyways, i'd appreciate any posting.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

O-rings are made out of different kinds of rubber which kind you can't tell by looking, and some of them will deteriorate rapidly when exposed to gasoline. So be sure to use an o-ring that is made for fuel injectors, not just a generic one out of a box somewhere.

Check that the bore in the fuel rail is smooth, any corrosion scratches etc. will cause leaks, best to replace the whole rail in that case.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM
HCF Member
Default leaky injector

Recently I had a leaky injector on a 1989 CRX HF (1.5). I replaced the O'Rings, bottom seal, and pintle cap but the leak persisted. A replacement of the injector itself remedied the problem. Good luck

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx

Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM

Okay, SO, here is my ordeal, i have just went to a local place pick and pull yard, a brand new car they just brought in,was a 1995 honda civic, i look at the motor, it says, or so i can almost swear it says d16b7 and anywhere i seem to look, i can't find anything on this motor, i look around on forums, people are saying there is no such thing, but then there are some saying that they have seen it, and they have it, i've ripped the injectors and fuel rail out of it, and brought them home, i haven't touched my car yet, i'm just trying to do some research on the fuel injectors to make sure they work, and people are saying the d16b7 is not a d16, it's a d15, and i look it up on advance auto, and i look up the fuel injectors for the d15b7, and the part number for the fuel injector is 57787, and the one for the d16z6 is as well, 57787, but when im in there, and i switch my vehicle while i'm still on the page for the different motor, it says it does not fit my 1995 honda civic ex with a d16z6, but when i'm looking them up, starting completely over on the website, both fuel injectors have the same part number, so my question is, do you think these fuel injectors from a d15b7(or d16b7, which is nowhere to be found, and people say it's not d16 it's d15) will fit in my d16z6?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I'm pretty sure that all stock D-series MPFI injectors are the same. I think they are color coded, if the same color plastic on the end it should interchange.