Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 Civic Si Coupe not getting fuel to number 2 cylender HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 AM
HCF Member
Default 94 Civic Si Coupe not getting fuel to number 2 cylender HELP!

i got a 94 si off my buddy for free because one day it lost fuel to the number 2 cylender and later bent an broke the valves in that cylendar, so i put my d15b7/d16z6 mini me swap in it, the first 2 weeks it worked fine, then yesterday the first day i had it on the road as soon as it warmed up it started doing it again! this morning, i got in it an headed home an it ran like a champ oter then over 6500 it cut out on 3, then after about 15 minutes, it just completly lost the cylendar again, it will fire an run right if i hold the gas pedal in the perfect spot, i put a new plug in it, tryed it for fire, tryed 3 different injectors, drained the gas an put supreme in it, the cars same wiring harness, fuel filter an pump are still in it, but i cant see why any of those would make it cut fuel when it warms up, no CEL's, i have to keep driving it, and i kind of need it later today, any help would be appreciated

Old 05-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Not having fuel to a cylinder does not cause the valves to bend and break. But, if the valves are adjusted too tight, the cylinder will misfire and later valve damage can occur. I suggest setting the valves somewhat loose on purpose and then test drive.

You can check with a "noid light" to see if the ECU and harness is electrically driving the injector. This is simply a light bulb connected to the injector plug instead of the injector. A #194 bulb with the wires bent out works.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

just unplugged the injector, and it ran alot worse which led me to the spark, turns out it was weak just a new dizzy cap. but now it doesnt run like it used to, somewhat gutless, sounds different, only thing i did to the motor was timing belt, make sense the timing would be off?