Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dizzy problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Default dizzy problems...

my car runs fine....but when i cruise my car starts to skip and kinda bogs a bit....but as soon as i lay on the accel....it'll pick up and go. i'm thinkin it could be the dizzy but the guy who helped with the wiring said it could be the alternater, but i had it checked and it tested good. any ideas of what the problem could be?

Old 05-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: dizzy problems...

I had this problem. Seems like I have a lot of these problems. My problem was that when I was just idling, my car would bog down a lot, close to shutting off. When I would get on the gas, it would be delayed and would feel as if something was holding the engine back. Turns out that it was a sparkplug wire or a sparkplug since i replaced both. I don't know when you had anything replaced, but you can start with cheaper things like wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a slightly more expensive problem.