Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ECU trouble codes, HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Default ECU trouble codes, HELP PLEASE!

randomly been getting a CEL every so often so I jumped them todaya nd got a nice surprise, I believe Ihave 3 problems...
1 - heated oxygen sensor
20 - electric load detector
43 - fuel supply system

I'm not sure what to do with any of them, could peopel share soem insight onw hat todo, I'd appreciate anythign that could help me, I wanna' get these cleared up, this sucks. (btw, idk if this has anythignt o do with any of them or now, it takes a lil bit to get the car started, as in turn the key, and it'll take about 5-10 secs to start, sometimes more, not good, any ideas, anyone)

THANKS!

Old 06-08-2006, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ECU trouble codes, HELP PLEASE!

don't know about "heated" OS - but i would check the wiring goings down and into the OS. if OK, seems like you need a new oxygen sensor (OS).
but before that, i would concentrate on #43. if you fix 43, then the OS problem may also go away. when my '88 showed injector, i found it to be the fuel filter. i was lucky that i picked that first, rather then the injector. is it hard to start right after turning it off, or just in the morning, or at all times. if it is just after turning off and trying to restart, may be a leaking injector that is flooding it out.
do you live in a city that has a place that checks and rebuilds injectors ?? there is an ohm tests for injectors (simple to do), and you can also check the voltage going into the injector (little harder test). there is a place i found on the net that just checks injectors for 5 bucks each (but have to send in, and car will be down).
would concentrate on 43 and 1 before #20.
hope this helps