Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical nightmare!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Default Electrical nightmare!!!!

ok so i just got my honda. i fixed everything i could so that i could drive in comfortably. So i go to drive it and it drives fine. But it turned dark on me real quick and i turned the lights on.. well the interior lights wont come on at all. Nothing that is alluminated when you turn ur lights on comes on inside the car. Ok. So i checked all the fuses and they are all good. so then i thought maybe its the dimmer? changed it to a new one and still doesnt work. so now im starting to think its some wire not connected or something. but i really dont see how it would be that since those two wire that are red are hooked up to everything that lights up when you turn ur lights on. Basically saying they are all hooked up in parallel. Someone please help me out.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

Check the connections behind your gauge cluster? other then that, you might end up having to go wire by wire with a test light to see where the path of power is disrupted... And with your dimmer that you replaced, did you purchase a new one? or get a used one? if you got a used one, i would check it out with a multi-meter just to rule it out.

Great thing about electrical, if you have an issue your almost always able to locate exactly what it is.

Good hunting.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Make sure the tail lights on the outside of the car work. The dash lights get power from the same switch and fuse as the tail lights. The dimmer is often the problem so like the other guy said be sure you have a good one.

Next would be to pull the cluster and check the bulbs. It is possible for every single bulb to be burnt out.

Last edited by mk378; 12-12-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

my cluster lights AND my gear lights (automatic) dont light up either haha