Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Default Fitment

Is there somewhere I can find a fitment chart or which parts from what motor will fit what other motors? Did that make sense? For example: how could I find out if a d16y8 intake manifold will fit my d16z6? Does anyone know right off hand? How about the exhaust header?

Oh, and would y8 parts be an upgrade for the z6?

I don't suppose any of the b16 **** will fit a d series, huh?

Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Default RE: Fitment

ok for the most part, i'm sure there are exceptions, (someone correct me if i'm wrong) all d series parts are interchangeable on d series motors as are b series with other b series regardless of the year or make. now here's the catch: just because it bolts up doesnt always make it compatible, so some modification is sometimes necessary. for instance: when i had my d15 motor in my hatchback i burned up the transmission. i had a 91 d15 motor and tranny. i bought a d15 tranny off of a 97 civic. it bolted right up to my 91 block. it was a hydraulic clutch system though, where my 91 was a cable. also the tranny mount was not the same as the 91. so... we (being my friend and I) decided to swap the gear shafts from the 97 bell housing to the 91 bell housing. seemed easy enough, except the shaft on the 97 was about 1/4" longer than the 91 internals. we thought we could force it (NEVER FORCE ANYTHING ON A MOTOR, IF IT DOESNT GO EASILY SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT) i have to learn the hard way sometimes, well in doing so while tightening the bolts we popped the end of the bellhousing off of my 91 tranny. oops. not a good idea. in hindsight, i should have slid the gears from the shafts and swapped them out. live and learn. anyway just some stuff to keep in mind when swapping parts not intended for the motor originally. it can be done if youre patient and figure it out as u go.