Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel Guage Stuck on Full

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Default Fuel Cluster

Hello I have a 1993 honda civic dx with a D16 engine upgrade. I am looking for a bit of help. We did take the gauge cluster out of the car. We attempted to replace it with a similar cluster but we have been through at least 5 gauges now, even putting the original back in and now the gas gauge isn't working at all. On any of the gauges or clusters we have tried. Since we have gotten the car we have had all kinds of issues from the previous owner who did the engine swap. The computer wasnt even correct for the engine and car. I have had both a 1993 and 1995 honda civic EX and loved them. I am looking for suggestions on why the gas gauge will not work or steps to possible figure it out? I do not believe it it the gauge bc all the ones i have tried, we are having the same issue. Any suggestions would be a great help. This car is a bone model with no electronics or power steering. The gauge cluster is all electronic but just not sure whats going on right now.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:53 AM

We figured out the issue and i wanted you let you all know in case you have the same issue. Turns out the issue was actually the needle on the gauge itself. We took it out and replaced it with another one from one of the other gas gauges we had pulled and it started working immediately. So, check that as well is you are having a sticking issue, because it could simply be a bad connection on the needle itself. Hope this helps.