Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help drive or tow to shop???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Default Help drive or tow to shop???

my car is a 2004 honda civic special edition not vtec
1.7 L with about 156k kilometers on it

last year it stopped running died on highway it was the timing belt or the tensioner wich caused the timing belt to fail and 2 or 3 valves had to be replaced. the tensioner had to be replaced.

now its about 8000 kilometers later i was just driving it normal and all of a sudden a airy vacum like noise and a tick, started coming from the timing belt cover i listened close to pin point the noise . If i put my hand on the cover it feels like a bit of a knock on the plastice cover. The engine is running fine lacking no power. the airy vacum like noise sound s like a supercharger or something . its wierd it goes up and down with the revs . I dont know if i should drive it or tow it to the shop i dont want any more to brake than is broken .??????????
I would guess it s a bearing or the tensioner or something but the airy possibly whirrring noise is throwing me off
I'm going to take it to the shop that did the work last year. its not far from my house , like a 10 minute drive really.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 PM

no response at all ???? hello any one here ?
im gona drive it to the shop hope it dont blow uupp i guess

Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Sorry, the forum is a little slow on the weekends. Are you sure it's air and not the timing belt rubbing against plastic?