Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

hi guise

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot
Default hi guise

Name:  522178_10151073416948998_741598997_12993792_271191725_n.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  91.2 KB

whats up. been a while since i been on here. Some random douchebag missed his exit and decides to lock up his brakes on the highway, i couldnt move over and couldnt stop in time, so i slid into him. Even tho i was the legal length away, im still at fault (inb4 supersize ****s everything up)... anyhow, thankfully it was a pickup truck, i went under the truck, so the damage is just my hood and fender. if it was a car, it would have been alot worse. The airbags diddnt go off, but my srs lights on, anyone know why? Also, im buying a hood and fender for it, and respraying the whole car. any opinions on colors? I was leaning torwards white and painting my ls meshies white.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

taking the halos out and replacing with stocks. plan on getting an 04 TL this summer, so this car will either be stored for future motor swap/project or sold.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

possibly the SRS sensors or sensor wires were hurt in the impact or something became unplugged. Just a guess, there is a DIY somewhere to reset the light with paper clips and if it comes back on then youll have to further troubleshoot.

man that sucks, but OP cant inb4... ive done that too a car before tho cept the truck crushed my engine (200sx nissan). Sorry about that but like you said it is repairable, also if that guy takes you to court call reckless driving if his brakes locked also if he changed more than 1 lane or changed lanes without a blinker. might help >_>

i like white but for some reason i automatically assume it is a girls car haha i like those civics white with black trim though. Good luck man!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Ouch. Similar thing happened to me and my car got totalled. Rebuilt though. (Cop was awesome, no ticket/not at fault.) Always sucks to wreck but always nice to get some fresh parts.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i just recieved a ticket in the mail today for following to close. I was atleast 3 car lengths away and wasnt speeding when this happened, my exit was 500 feet away from the crash site lol. Im going to try to fight it. The cop seemed pretty cool but he diddnt file a police report or anything, all he did was check our licenses and insurance cards. I found a hood for 65 and a fender for 45 on craigslist, but their green, so im just going to sand the whole car down and spray it white. I know what you mean about white being a girly color, but idk, something about a white car with white rims makes it look so clean to me. The trim and everything is going to be white too. Im painting my lip white as well, but i was thinking about sticker bombing it. Worse comes to worse, ill just buy a little bit of the stock color and just repaint the fender and stickerbomb the hood, but i really want to paint the whole car white. I seen that diy with the paperclip, im going to try that when the weather clears up. And op can inb4, op can do anything.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

Yeah,fight the ticket;the other guy was really at fault. Even if it's an exercise in futility,you might feel better knowing you fought it. Good luck.