Honda Civic 93' wont start - HondaCivicForum.com

Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Honda Civic 93' wont start

I have a Honda Civic 93 and doesn't start, usually when I try to start it the check engine light turns off after two second, but when it rains it the check engine light doesn't turn off, so I cant start my car
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM

So does the car not start when it is only raining? I am confused by the way you worded your post.

The CEL should come on for a few seconds. It will turn off afterwards though.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Do this first:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...-repair-89522/
When the relay is not working, the CEL will not cycle off (like you say) and the engine will not start. It is typically temperature related.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcrcr99 View Post
So does the car not start when it is only raining? I am confused by the way you worded your post.

The CEL should come on for a few seconds. It will turn off afterwards though.
No, when it rains the "check engine" light wont turn off and the car don't start.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk378 View Post
Do this first:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...-repair-89522/
When the relay is not working, the CEL will not cycle off (like you say) and the engine will not start. It is typically temperature related.
Thanks, I hope that is the problem