Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How to disconnect headlamp connector?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
HCF Member
Default How to disconnect headlamp connector?

Hello everyone, I want to ask how can I disconnect EM2 (05) Civic head light connector without taking off the front bumper? My driver side head light is out, and I figure the cause will be poor connection due to improper convertion for DRL. So, I want to check if there is power getting to the head light. I had consult with the maintenance manual. But the only way they teach was to remove the head lamp assy.

Btw, I can not believe they arrange those compoents like this. Honda engineers definitly failed to realize not every Civic coustomer has the luxery to have a garage, they have to perfom field maintenance because they want to save a little bit money here and there to keep there are balance in black. If every one of us has a nice garage, we may not even driving a Civic at the first place.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

are you trying to remove the housing or just the connector I have an EM1 idk if theres much difference on how they set it up but you dont have to remove the bumper to get to it I just had to reposition the P/S resevior to get at the headlight

Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 91crx_83
are you trying to remove the housing or just the connector I have an EM1 idk if theres much difference on how they set it up but you dont have to remove the bumper to get to it I just had to reposition the P/S resevior to get at the headlight
Thanks for the reply, I think EM1 and EM2 have same arrangement. I did think about that approach, but give it up later because there is possibility of dropping the PS resevior bolt into the engine bay and looking for that thing in engine bay at -10C without a magnet pick can be a nightmare. So, I decided to burn $ to buy some comfort.