Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Just changed ISB..Now have noise in 2nd gear?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Angry Just changed ISB..Now have noise in 2nd gear?!?!

I changed my Input Shaft Bearing in my 2001 LX 5-speed this weekend and now I have this weird noise when in second gear! My ISB problem is fixed, no more noises there, but now ONLY when I go into second gear I get this rattling type noise that I can feel in the shifter. It's kind of like the noise you hear when you don't get it quite all the way into gear, but it is ALL the way in gear. Once I get up to speed in second gear I don't hear the noise anymore until I downshift back into second for a turn or something. I even checked the shifter on the tranny itself and it moves as far as it can go and sounds like it engages just fine. The only thing I can think of that could have happened is when I was putting the tranny back in, it kind of fell a short distance....enough to worry me a little. Maybe it's all messed up since it fell? Or did I screw up something when putting it back together? I didn't pull any gears off or anything, just changed the ISB! All the other gears engage and drive just fine....Any help please before I am forced to take it somewhere!