Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Looking To Upgrade 97"CX Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Default Looking To Upgrade 97"CX Hatch

I just bought a 97' Civic CX Hatch. Needless to say it pretty bland. I would like to purchase some of the options that came with the DXs and SIs.

Are the proper power plug connectors present behind the panels on the CX to accept the following:
Power window regulator assemblies for a 2 door including power switches
Agauge cluster that has a tach?
Rear wiper assembly (Given I change the rear glass that houses the wiper assembly)

Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Default RE: Looking To Upgrade 97"CX Hatch

Ah yes. And cruise control. Can it be done easily?

Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Looking To Upgrade 97"CX Hatch

hey i drive a cx. and have moded it so i think i can help. no on the power windows and locks, but ill tell ya it took me literally 10 minutes to add some aftermarket actuators that cost 9.99 from any shop that installs keyless entrys ( like my shop). not sure about the cluster with the tach but i can find out tomorrow. i have to go to honda anyways so ill look it up in there books. i checked into a rear wiper, its expensive but yes you can do it. you can buy the whole wiring harnes from the motor up to the dash. it would be a fun intstall, but to much money for me. oh an for the record, ex headers will fit and bolt up to the stock cat, back exaust. oh ya, and cruise control can be done. but yet again, to much money for me. and its a very intensive install. have to replace alot of stuff. i looked into buying genuine honda parts and at wholesale cost it was about 800 dollars for everything not installed. hope this help, if you have any more questions just ask, ive had my car apart and back together again. and i now have a d16y7 sitting on a stand so if you need parts let me know