Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil on Spark plug tips/car wont start? What does this mean/Mess of Trouble????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Oil on Spark plug tips/car wont start? What does this mean/Mess of Trouble????

I love honda, I hate american !

Old 01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Default RE: Oil on Spark plug tips/car wont start? What does this mean/Mess of Trouble????

If anyone knows about how long Honda vehicles last, I think Newfoundland, Canada would be the place to test them. The roughest roads in Canada are here, we have 4 seasons a day, cars (by rights) shouldnt last here, but they do, and they last a long time. All my hillbilly friends are driving Civics with 400,000km's on them and still going, others are running 12-14 second quarter miles with a few mods. If you ask me, we all have our ups and downs with some vehicles, and yes, there is an ugly duckling in every batch, but thats life. As to adding to much oil to the engine, you can cause serious damage. The crank CHURNS the oil making it bubbly and full of air, when that happens your interior engine bearings are being worn quicker and whoever told you that burning oil when theres to much is normal should be shot, if you overfill oil, DRAIN IT, THAT IS WHAT THE DRAIN PLUG IS FOR, a couple seconds work can save a couple hundred maybe even thousands of dollars. Remember next time, run the vehicle for a couple minutes on a flat surface, turn off vehicle, bring up dipstick, wipe off put back down and then rise it again and then take your reading, it shouldnt be over the limit, but it is normal for it to be between half and full.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I think you guys are missing the point here. What im trying to tell you is that all the newer honda cars like the year 2000+ are built like crap. I have TONS of respect for the older Hondas and Toyotas. My friend has a pup truck one of the first toyota trucks to come out, that **** has been through wars with us has about 300,000 + miles and he has never changed the coolant!!!! Thats how u build a car!!! 80's are great, 90's are Good, but2000 and up are just economically structured to last 5 years or less, its the american way.
Oh yes and back to the problem. I took it to Honda finally they diagnosed it and said the ignition coil was bad $180 to swap out? I replied, "Even though i had spark"? they said they got it running with a test coil and it turns on,but NOW the check engine light has come on!!! WTF!!! Dude anyone know how to take the light off>????? That **** is going to the Toyota dealer as a trade in but i dont want that little CEL on. Thanks and sorry for the bad mojo but its just the truth.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

oil on plugs just means you are burning a little oil all cars burn oil and i do mean all cars i suspect all you need is a new set of plugs like $40 go to an auto parts store or to the mechanic with the plug a plug will tell you most problems with cars

Old 01-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

If you want to put zero effort into maintaining a car, buy a ****ing Yugo or something. If you're too damn lazy to do an oil change once in a while, and change your plugs from time to time, you don't deserve to own a car anyway.

kthanksbye