Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Over heating

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Default Over heating

Hey everyone first timer here. I have a 2001 civic and I occasionally keep getting a fluctuation on my temperature guage I changed the sensor n I am still having the same problem. I also have a problem with my fuse keeps blowing. I believe it is the ignition fuse. Could you guys please help me please.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Ignition fuse I can't help with too much. We used to have a few guys on here that would be quick to answer with pictures of the honda service manual to help point you in the right direction. This forum has quieted down a lot in the recent years, so I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on to different things, or bigger honda forums, such as Honda-tech.com. You may get more tech help over there for the time being. Not trying to push you off this site, just trying to get you to the right place to get the car back!

Now for the temperature issue, you replaced the temp sensor that controls the gauge in the car I assume? There are a few coolant sensors on the car actually.

When are you having this issue? stop and go traffic? Or when maintaining a steady speed like on the highway?

You could have something as simple as a small coolant leak and when sitting in traffic the air bubble rises to the top and the sensor is reading hot air. That would be the cheapest and easiest solution. On the other hand, you could have a small head gasket leak which is causing the air to enter...Not trying to scare you but anything is possible at this point.

Does the fan turn on and off like normal?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

watch this
but most of the time when a 01-05 civic starts too overheat its a bad head gaskit.