Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Over heating problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Default Over heating problem

I have an 05 EX auto I use to commute to work in. In the last couple weeks I have replaced the radiator due to a leak. Both hoses and the thermostat have been replaced as well. It ran perfect for about a week. I now have an odd problem. My drive is about 65 highway miles. During this ride the temp stays right where it is suppose to. As soon as I get off the highway the temp goes right up. From the exit ramp to the parking lot at work is less than a mile and it get really close to the "red". The car sits all day and the ride home is the same. Fans are working as they should. I have replace the thermostat again thinking it was the issue. Fluid is full. Nothing happens if the car sits and cools down, I can drive it around town with no issue. It only happens after extended periods of driving at consistent speed. Any thoughts?