Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please help me! about 130+ views no response lol. Oil Pump question, engine downgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Default Please help me! about 130+ views no response lol. Oil Pump question, engine downgrade

Hello, i posted this question on three different forums, lol and no one said anything. lol no response at ALL. i am doing an obd1 block and head in a 1997 civic with odb2 wiring. SO i have to switch out the oil pump because the obd1 engine doesnt have that crank sensor. i am going NUTS over here trying to get that crank pulley bolt off, (you know which one i am talking about ) it just wont BUDGED. So now i am wondering, What if i just bought one of those obd2b to obd1 ecu conversion harnesses? Would i have to switch out any other sensors because i am using a obd2 intake manifold? if it would work, would i just leave the crank sensor plug, unplugged? OR could i just ground the crank sensor wires and just use the obd2 ecu? Please help me get out of this mess the easiest and cheapest way possible. A ecu conversion thing is only $45, but i am not sure if that is the best of way doing things, and if that will even help me. please help me. it will be the best thing in the world to me. i would EXTREMELY EXTREMELY appreciate it. thank you so much. Please respond to this, tell me ANYTHING. thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Please help me! about 130+ views no response lol. Oil Pump question, engine downgrade

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. It seems quite complicated. Perhaps some experts of this forum could kindly tell 98HatchVtecRatio why he may not be receiving any responses to his inquiry.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Please help me! about 130+ views no response lol. Oil Pump question, engine downgrade

If someone has an answer to the question they will reply to your post, the thing with internet help is it takes time, not everyone who reads the thread is going ti know the answer, and it does not require a double post. So if someone does read this thread and knows the answer they will reply in your original thread

Original Thread: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_50.../tm.htm#506406