Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please help me name this part...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Default Please help me name this part...

Hi I'm new to this forum and have an old reliable 1995 civic hatchback VX that needs some tunes. My stereo was stolen a while back and the panel that goes around the stereo and A/C is broken. I would like to replace it myself with a used part but when I went searching for the part online I cannot find what its name is! Can anyone help name it??? Also if you have any recommendations for buying used parts online or someplace that sells in San Francisco Bay area I will be forever grateful...really.

–––S

Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Please help me name this part...

Usualy they are dubbed a "bezel" A bezel is pretty much anything that holds stuff, and or covers a dash hole. The center most main cover is usualy a radio, or AC bezel. Look that up, if not, maybe the lister wasn't sure where to put it, you will just have to sort through e-bay listings if thats where you are wanting to buy. It takes some time, but you will probably see one after a few weeks.

Here's a LINK I found on ebay, that might be what your looking for, and 50 bucks ain't bad when your hard up for one. They are probably rare on ebay, but a dealer might hook you up for cheaper. Can't be sure on that.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: Please help me name this part...

Wow, thanks for the speed response and link. I printed and will see if matches what I have. At least I have a clue what to search for now. You rock!

–––S