Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plz help me installing my new HID

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Default Plz help me installing my new HID

Hi ppl, I really need help with installing my HID lights. I have a 1999 Honda Civic DX, and the factory lights are really crappy. So my brother gave me his HID lights. But now I have no idea how to install it. Can someone plz tell me what I should do or like draw me a diagram on how I can install my HID? Thanks guys

Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Plz help me installing my new HID

Do you know how to change a headlight bulb?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if its a true HID system with bulb and then ballasts... its very easy to wire up if ya got the wires.. some spade wires.... unplug the stock bulb and remove it from the headlight now DONT TOUCH THE BULBS!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU TOUCH THE GLASS THEY WILL FAIL VERY FAST!!!!!!!!! BEEN THIER DONT THAT!!!!!!

now with a 12volt LIGHT TESTER simply probe the wires on the harness and see which one has power with low beams turned ON and which one is HIGH beams ON... and the third one will be the ground wire that never has power.... now simply put in the black spade wire into that ground terminal.... then same thing with the power wire into the LOW beam terminal... and finaly use some electrical tape and tape up the wires so they dont short on anything if they move around!

BUT another thing is if those bulbs arent H4 bulbs then most likely they wont fit!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If you have touched the bulb all is not lost, just clean it thoroughly with alcohol and a paper towel before operating.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

if its a true HID system with bulb and then ballasts... its very easy to wire up if ya got the wires.. some spade wires.... unplug the stock bulb and remove it from the headlight now DONT TOUCH THE BULBS!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU TOUCH THE GLASS THEY WILL FAIL VERY FAST!!!!!!!!! BEEN THIER DONT THAT!!!!!!

now with a 12volt LIGHT TESTER simply probe the wires on the harness and see which one has power with low beams turned ON and which one is HIGH beams ON... and the third one will be the ground wire that never has power.... now simply put in the black spade wire into that ground terminal.... then same thing with the power wire into the LOW beam terminal... and finaly use some electrical tape and tape up the wires so they dont short on anything if they move around!

BUT another thing is if those bulbs arent H4 bulbs then most likely they wont fit!

dont worry about all that lol, addiction is a complicated guy lol, doesnt matter if it needs to be on low beam or high beam, if its single beam itll still work, jus plug and play,plug the ballasts harnesses into the place where the stock bulb went, that simple

Old 07-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ya it does alittle if ya put it in the HIGH beam... that stupid HIGH beam indicator light will be on the dash

but its realy easy! a simple cheap light tester is all thtas needed!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

lol i have the high beam indicator, dont find it to bother me but yea i guess if u want it done the rite way ask addiction lol