Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

problems! Please help!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member
Default problems! Please help!

Well, so far since I pulled out my civic for the summer its been doing ok. Recently it started running a bit funky. I put some HEET in the gas because it still had old gas in it. Well ever since then it has a little misfire and hesitation, and when it hits vtec it starts backfiring badly. I cant even get on it to pass a car anymore because its doing it so bad. Anybody have any suggestions on what it could be? So far no codes, and its been over 2 weeks. Please help!

-Lada-

Old 06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: problems! Please help!

what kind of spark plugs you got in it? Also where do you get your gas from? Are you talking about the Isoheat stuff, you need to add that in with a full tank of gas and I would go with premium.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: problems! Please help!

Yeah, I put plugs wires cap, all that good stuff on last year. I took the fuel filter off last night and that was the problem. The insides were compressed. I dont know if its just a bad design altogether? Or if its the napa filter I bought? Put the new one on, and it runs great! Went with purolator this time. Thanks for the reply! Later.

Also, always run premium. The fuel filter was only 2 years old. I was going to change it anyway, but I didnt think it would do that.

-Lada-